[DuoList] Oft-asked question whither: SCSI Disk Mode in a Dock II goes at all

Daniel Palka macdaniel3400c at palkasoft.com
Wed Dec 1 11:01:31 PST 2004

Actually the Plus was the final incarnation of the Dock.  It had built
in networking (unlike the other docks), and slightly better video.  It
lacked a 68k FPU however, and it was essentially built with the
PowerBook Duo 2300c in mind (it can be used with any duo though).

Pluses rarely come with internal hard drives (the standard 230mb drive
was kind of small by then) but all the connectors are still there on
the motherboard, so one can easily be added.

The Dock Plus replaced the Dock and Dock II in early 1995 (before the
2300c even came out) and lasted all the way until early 1997, when it
was cancelled (along with the 2300c).