[DuoList] Oft-asked question whither: SCSI Disk Mode in a Dock II goes at all

Thomas G. Monclova samoht at bl.org
Wed Dec 1 10:23:55 PST 2004

> So, the Duo Dock II might work, since the
> Plus was a stripped down version as I recall.
>
> Art in Silicon Valley

 	Based on what I've read, I'd say the Plus is not a stripped down
II.  For whatever reason, however, it does not support SCSI Disk Mode.

 	This makes me wonder if the II supports that mode at all.

 	I wouldn't be surprised either way depending on whether it's more
like a Dock I or Dock Plus (or the Plus is more like the II, rather, which
I always thought it was).

 	While on the subject of SCSI Disk Mode, I thought I should
mention* the old caveat about the bug in the SCSI ROM code on PB Duo 2300s
and 2400s (among others).  SCSI Disk Mode will not work correctly if you
have an ATA disk drive larger than 4GB whatever the partition scheme.
Bummer.  I could really use SCSI Disk Mode on my 2300 from time to time.

 	-t

* This was brought up about this time last year, see the technical note at
http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn1116.html