[DuoList] 2400c hard drive upgrades

Brandy brandybndr at netscape.net
Wed Dec 1 13:04:48 PST 2004

Ahh But Morris faster is not always better.  4200 or 5400 rpm is slower
but creates less heat than say a 7200 rpm drive, the faster it goes the
more heat is created.   Older Books (and some newerbooks also) don't
deal with heat all that well. Stick a 7200 rpm HD and a Processor
upgrade (G3 etc..) and your looking at GLOD or worse... toasting
something else. As for size 20, 30, 40 will work.  IBM Travelstar are
pretty good!
Other World Computing at:
http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Page.cfm?Parent=91&Title=2%2E5%22%20IDE%20%26%20SCSI%20for%20Laptops&Template=
or