[DuoList] 2400c hard drive upgrades

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Wed Dec 1 19:19:04 PST 2004

Brandy makes a good point. The only thing I would add is that the 2400
is engineering for a 12.5mm drive. Most of the new ones are 9.5mm. When
installing the drive you need to be sure the heat conduction fitting is
doing it's job. Some folks have also used thermal paste as long as they
are deep in the guts of the 2400.    It's not a big deal, but heat is
the biggest risk to your 2400.

FWIW, I'm running a 2400/G3-320/80MB 9.5mm HD with no issues.

Hitachi/IBM Travelstar is a good drive and reasonably cheap at 60-80MB
from lots of sources.  Try Nextag,com and you'll pro

http://www.nextag.com/serv/main/buyer/productm.jsp?
nxtg=623740_7293668C7D4FF8D5&product=58021248&pdir=0&page=1&node=&catego
ry=&lgsearch=travelstar_80MB&lgnode=&units=1&shipping=Ground&sort=total#
abc

ZipZoomFly and NewEgg both have pretty good reps, at least in my buying
experience with them.

On Dec 1, 2004, at 3:04 PM, Brandy wrote:

> hugeu2fan at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> <>Hello,
>> I'd like to upgrade the original 1.3gb drive in my 2400c to something
>> larger and faster. I've seen reports of people putting in 20, 30, and
>> even 40gb drives into these machines but have yet to find
>> brand/model/price listings.
>> Morris

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin, 1759.