[DuoList] Duo270c dial-up internet access

Art Rice artrice66 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 09:22:38 PST 2004

Richard,
My comment about remote access may not apply to OS
7.6.1- it may have been related to OS 7.5.3- the
extension was named "Apple Remote Access". I checked
my OS 8.1 extensions and I do have "OpenTpt Remote
Access" loaded. I just don't have a control panel for
it and don't knowingly use it to access dial-up
internet.
Another thought- verify that the internal modem is a
Global Village X2. If not, or you are not sure, in
modem control panel try selecting GeoPort/Express
Modem. That is for the internal modem that came with
my Duo 2300C-maybe they used the same one in the 270C.
Good Luck! Let us on the DuoList know what you found
out.
Art in Silicon Valley.