[Duo2400] Re: 2400c hard disk limitation?

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Sun Jan 18 11:31:07 PST 2004

At 9:13 AM -0600 1/18/04, Ralph Mawyer wrote:
>The 2400 can use any of the 9.5-12.5mm drives available.  It's
>usually a good idea to be sure you are getting good contact with the
>heat sink when installing hte 9.5mm drives, since they are smaller
>than the OEM design.
>
>A number of folks are running 30-40GB and the largest 80GB will
>work.  One of the easy ways to check is to see what MCE is selling,
>since they certify the drives for each PowerBook.  While the 2400
>isn't being upgraded as much by them, they still include it in their
>compatibility charts.

One thing to watch out for is the drive mounting holes.  In my 2300c
the brackets had mounting holes for the older style drives (the holes
are closer together).  I decided at the time not to put in a newer,
larger drive as I didn't think the effort was worth it but I might
someday.  I don't know if the 2400c is the sameway.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA