[Duo2400] 2400c hard disk limitation?

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Sun Jan 18 07:13:00 PST 2004

The 2400 can use any of the 9.5-12.5mm drives available.  It's usually
a good idea to be sure you are getting good contact with the heat sink
when installing hte 9.5mm drives, since they are smaller than the OEM
design.

A number of folks are running 30-40GB and the largest 80GB will work.
One of the easy ways to check is to see what MCE is selling, since they
certify the drives for each PowerBook.  While the 2400 isn't being
upgraded as much by them, they still include it in their compatibility
charts.

http://www.powerbook1.com/ms.html

Hope that helps...

On Jan 18, 2004, at 8:04 AM, CJPV wrote:

> Hello, all!
>
> Can I assumed that a 2400c can handle up to a 120GB hard disk(if such
> a mobile drive were
> available) with having difficulties?
>
> I was about to purchase a HD upgrade, and cannot find which version of
> the ATA spec the 2400c
> uses. I have been looking at drives over 40GB, but haven't seen a
> 2400c with anything over 10GB.
> Is that merely due to the age of the unit, or a hardware limitation??

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin, 1759.