[Duo2400] Help with Farallon Ethermac on 2400c

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Fri Jul 9 09:25:38 PDT 2004

In a message dated 7/9/2004 11:33:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
pb at Colorado.EDU writes:

>So, if those of you in the know think that my problem is the driver, can you
>point me to a source of (or e-mail me) a working driver?
>
>In either case, I would appreciate "setup instructions," as well.

Hi,

Unlike the previous responder, I will just "assume" that you're tying to use
a Farallon Ethermac PC card with your 2400c, since your message was titled as
such, and that you already have found the TCP/IP control panel, since you said
you could not find an option to choose...

I had this same problem awhile ago; I came to the conclusion that the
Farallon Ethernet cards were bast suited for Nubus Powerbooks (540/190/5300/1400) and
not the 2400/3400 PCI Powerbooks.

I think the software itself is for Nubus powerbooks anyway. Check the web for
versions and info and such..

I went and bought a Dayna Ethernet card off EPay, and it works fine with my
2400c. It gave me a new choice in TCP/IP and everything...

If you have difficulty, I *MAY* have another lying around, as soon after I
bought one off Ebay, I was given another in a package of 2400c I items I bought
from another lister...

Craig W.
Atlanta GA

"If you go to war you have already lost"
---Shogun Tokugawa