[Duo2400] Dropped, now dark 2400

Greg 2400C at retrotechpost.com
Tue Jun 8 21:13:14 PDT 2004

On Jun 8, 2004, at 9:29 PM, Lunamoth10 at aol.com wrote:

> This evening, coming down with a cold and more tired than usual from
> leaving
> the office, i dropped my beloved 2400. It was in a
> not-as-padded-as-it-could
> be computer briefcase, and hit the hard floor hard....
>
> I immediately took it out of the case, powered it up, and it was fine.
> It was
> fine when I powered it up at home. And then..... it went quiet and
> dark. What
> should I do next? How serious is this? Can this be fixed? Will it/ can
> it be
> as good as new again or should I now expect assorted problems?

Seriously, no way of knowing without specifics. You tell a lovely
little story, nice touch about the cold, but exactly HOW did it go
"quiet and dark?" Does it boot up? Is the case cracked? Where? Can you
feed external video to another monitor to eliminate the LCD? Can you
access anything via SCSI Disk Mode or Ethernet?

Besides, if your Mac repair guy is any good, it should make no
difference whether you let him or MCE fix it.

One possibility (of a gazillion): you cracked one or more PCB's, or
unseated the power or CPU cards. The hard drive might have gone paws
up. Too hard to diagnose without details. But I'll still give you $50
for it. ;-)

--
Greg G
2400C at retrotechpost.com