Trying to add a Hard Drive to a DuoDock

mnealbarrett at cox.net mnealbarrett at cox.net
Fri Jun 11 06:09:22 PDT 2004

   I am trying to add an internal SCSI hard drive to an old DuoDock.  I did this once before, about four years ago, so I do know what I am doing.  My biggest problem is that nonstandard power cable that Apple used in the DuoDocks.  I can get the whole DuoDock mounting kit for $20 (plus shipping), but I don't need the whole mounting kit, I only need the power cable.  Is there any way I could maybe make one?  The connector for the power cable on the main board looks pretty nonstandard, but perhaps that kind of connector is available somewhere? If anyone has some ideas, I'd appreciate it.  Otherwise I suppose I could just pay for the DuoDock mounting kit.

-Marc