trackpads

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Mon Jun 21 20:19:24 PDT 2004

"R. McFarlane" <duolist at mcfarlanecomputing.net>wrote:
>I prefer the trackpad myself as well! If anyone knows how this can
>work on a 5300, please let me know!
Yes, swap the trackpad for one from say, a 3400, using a 190's cable.
Hmm, maybe the 190's t'pad is clickable? Ahh dangit, I ferget now, it's
been quite awhile since I messed with the dern things. I suppose if one
got a 190 palmrest with pad 'n' cable, one could see for oneself. :-)

Heck, isn't a 2300's t'pad clickable out of the box? Or maybe I swapped a
3400 pad into my main 2300? I know what I gots does the clickable thingy,
but my (t)rusty brain _wants_ to remember but refuses.

What I _DO_ remember is the same basic t'pad was used in (at least) the
190, 2300, 3400/3500 and Wallstreet. Maybe the Lombard too . . . The
5300's t'pad has a different connector, which swaps with only PBs 500.

hoping that helped (a little even? :-),

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700