Maybe you're considering an ibook?

Mike Friese mike at friese.com
Fri Mar 5 17:33:04 PST 2004

>	I'm a professional writer. Most of my considerable computer time is
>with WordPerfect 7.6. I use the Internet for research and email. I can't
>get DSL.
>	My 2400c/240 has accompanied me to Albania and Sonoma and crossed
>the Rockies in my saddlebag. It has played MP3's through my car stereo on a
>26 hour drive (stops for gas) Virginia/Sturgis SD. Alas, it has visited
>DT&T three times in as many years: power board, processor, mother board.

I know it heresy but maybe you should consider an iBook. They run System
9 which is a lot like system 7. I just picked up a new iBook
G3/900MHz/640M/40G/Airport at Micro Center for $800.

Imagine 900 MHz! 640M of RAM! 4 hour battery life! No more trips to DT&T!

My 2400c has GLODed for its last time.

Mike Friese