[Duo2400] Slow Internet question

Carlson mariner at mts.net
Mon Mar 8 12:16:05 PST 2004

What kind of modem is it? "Hayes compatible" would be a generic choice.

How old is the wiring in your dwelling? Are those other computers on the
same wiring?

Some sites are java-heavy and really slow; updated MRJ lately, or Open
Transport, or Carbon lib? I used to ditch the apple software and use
FreePPP. What versions browser are you using and what is the cache setting?
Run Disk Warrior, defrag the hard drive?