[Duo2400] Upgrade Path

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Mon Mar 15 11:22:41 PST 2004

In a message dated 3/15/2004 1:00:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nathan at incirlik.net writes:

>As soon as my newly aquired 280c arrives in the mail, I would like to begin
>the process to have a 2300c. Now I understand I need to purchase the mobo,
>and most likely ram for the mobo. But do I need a new hd as well? The one in
>the book currently is a 1.1gb SCSI.
>Also, I haven't had the best of luck with eBay and would like to know if
>anyone on the list can recommend a place to go for batteries and a minidoc

I have a "bare" Powerbook Duo 2300c; 8mb (motherboard) RAM and no HD, but it
is tested and working great! Screen is clear and functioning great. Exterior
is in very good condition appearance-wise also. No battery (see below) or AC
adapter... if interested e-me off list.

As far as RAM, the 2300c can use most, if not all, of the RAM that the lower
Duos can use. With the exception, of course, of anything bigger than the 36mb
RAM module, whihc is 2300c-territory only, AFAIK.

As far as HDs, the 2300c can accept a 2.5" IDE or SCSI HD; you just also have
to have the corresponding HD ribbon cable. I believe I have an extra of each
type lying around....

Finally, I also have a few Type I-III batteries; the best ones last for 2+
hours; the worst about 2+ MINUTES(!).

Craig W.
Atlanta GA