[Duo2400] Re: New Hard Drive for Duo 2300

Thomas G. Monclova samoht at bl.org
Mon Mar 15 12:03:23 PST 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 COCCORP at aol.com wrote:

> >Is there a specific drive to fit the Duo 2300, or a revised bracket?
>
> Hmmm... I wonder is it really necessary to have the brakets? If all you need
> to do is keep the HD stabilized and still, how about some little pieces of
> foam or something to wedge in between the HD and the HD area, so it won't move?
>
> Craig W.
> Atlanta GA

	Yes there is a bracket one can use.  The Powerbook Guy is selling
'em for $10.
http://www.powerbookguy.com/duo.html#drives

	And from experience, foam or other non-conductive (electrically)
material will work, but you need to watch for heat conductivity.  The
drives need to be able to cool themselves, so make sure you're not
insulating them thermally.  They'll cook themselves to death.

	Frogs.  Frogs are funny.

	-t

I hear there's a lot about frogs.