[Duo2400] 2400 SCSI problems...

Greg 2400C at retrotechpost.com
Wed Mar 24 19:35:50 PST 2004

On Mar 24, 2004, at 7:02 PM, Tom and Lisa P wrote:

> I am trying to connect an external CD ROM to my 2400.  I have it
> terminated and hooked up correctly (as far as I can tell), but I cant
> get the 2400 to even see the hardware.  Is there some sort of
> extension required on the 2400 for SCSI use ?

Unless it's an Apple CD-ROM, you need to use something other than the
Apple CD/DVD extension. CD-ROM Toolkit™, CD-Sunrise, CLD Access, or D2
CD are a few more common ones. It really depends on the drive. I find
CD-Sunrise works with almost everything.

Also, if you're using a dual-purpose HDI30 SCSI adapter, make sure the
switch is in the SCSI position, not the Dock position.

--
Greg
2400C at retrotechpost.com