OS 9.1, Internet Explorer & Outlook Express

Mel Fullmer melfullmer at networld.com
Wed Mar 31 20:51:45 PST 2004

Hello,

I recently put a new hard drive in my PowerBook Duo 2300.

The Duo runs in a Duo Dock Plus.  Hard Drive is working fine.

I upgraded the OS from 8.1 to 9.1.  All info I found said Duo 2300 could run
OS 9.1.

I got the internet setup done.  Using an external Global Village 56K modem.

I used the modem control panel in OS 9.1.  The OS 9.1 modem control panel
gave me a choice of internal modem or printer port.  So I zapped the PRAM
and the modem port appeared in the modem control panel.

The modem dials and hooks me up with my ISP just fine.  I am communicating
with my ISP.  They can see me logged on to the network.  But IE and OE won't
load pages.  We also tried Netscape and they won't load.

In Outlook Express 5.02 it will try and load new e-mails.  It knows how many
e-mails are there, it knows how large the e-mail is it's trying to load, but
it just won't load it.

Anyone know what the secret is?  I turned off all the extensions I could,
and still get the same result.

thanks.