[Duo2400] No software at all!

Tom and Lisa P gionpeters at comcast.net
Sun May 9 12:04:37 PDT 2004

>I have a problem, and please forgive me if this is a FAQ -- I
>searched the archives without much success.  A friend recently gave
>me a PB 2400c that had belonged to her deceased boyfriend.  It came
>with the power supply, and that's IT.  ALL the software was wiped,
>including the system software, so there're no screen drivers & the
>thing doesn't boot at all to speak of (I get the boot chord, a lot
>of mysterious whirring and disc-reading noises, and then nada).  No
>peripherals at all, either.  Is there any way for me to network the
>PB to my blue&white G3 (running OS X 10.3.3, FYI) and shove system
>software down the pipeline at it from the G3?  What other options
>might I try?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>	- LA

Do you get the blinking floppy disk icon ?

Hmmmm.... you have a difficult case there.  The 2400 has no CD rom,
and the OS you would want to load isnt on floppy.  You dont have
ethernet on board.

There are really 2 ways you can load an OS:

1)  Use an external CD Rom hooked through the SCSI port.  Boot off of
the OS CD ROM and install

2) remove the HD and put into another machine where you can install
the OS there (not recommended unless you are familiar with the 2400
take apart)

Mad Dog