[DuoList] batteries? for duo 280c

Tom and Lisa P gionpeters at comcast.net
Mon Nov 8 16:53:11 PST 2004

>Hello. I am really quite ignorant of all this computer stuff, but I
>bought a 1994 model 280c for $40, on a whim. Is that even a
>reasonable price? External CD drive, floppy drive, and has the Duo
>MiniDock. Seems to work when I plug it in, and after the batteries
>charged for awhile, it said they were full,  but it wouldn't come on
>without the power cord. I have no idea what I need or even how to
>get the old batteries out. Sure is an interesting little computer,
>and I will only have a Mac. Is there someplace I could download the
>owner's manual? Also, the case is broken on one corner. I pushed it
>together and duct-taped it =D    Is there any danger in that?
>thanks
>Joy

$40 isnt bad with the other stuff. THe 280c isnt a badd little
machine at all.  The batteries probably require reconditioning.
There should be an application "Battery Recondition" somewhere on the
hard drive.  While plugged into the AC, run the program.  It my crash
themachine and you might have to try this several times to get the
batteries back into shape.

Duct tape works just fine.

Mad Dog