[DuoList] Irda (infrared) connection between 2400c/pc

Morris Rieger hugeu2fan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 08:37:56 PST 2004

Hello all,

I've been trying to set up my new 2400c to connect via infrared to my
Windows XP notebook, until I get my wireless card.  Anyone have any
luck doing this?  I've found two primary methods:

1. You open up the terminal in Appleworks/Clarisworks and
Hyperterminal in Windows, connect and setup a file transfer

2. You set up TCP/IP over IrDA on the Mac and PC, then connect and set
up an FTP server to transfer files.

Neither of these seem to work for me.  Also, the infrared connection
is a bit spotty for me, it rarely seems to connect well, even within
inches when I can tell the windows are perfectly lined up.  I read
something in teh archives about covering up half the window, but don't
recall what that was about.  Like I said, does anyone have any success
stories or tips for doing this?

Morris