[DuoList] Cardbus enabling

Morris Rieger hugeu2fan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 15:03:01 PST 2004

On mac2400:
1)Click the Hardware link
2)Click the Reference tab at the top
3)Click Cardbus (MCE) in the frame
4)Second paragraph under Cardbus Activation (Homegrown)

Don't get me wrong, mac2400 didn't tell me to use a swiss army knife
to do it, that was what I had available.  I know the risks and I've
done this type of thing before (and even with a swiss army knife).  I
followed disassembly instructions and found the few pages that discuss
activating Cardbus yourself.  I only sounded surprised because I've
searched the archives of this list back a number of years and I ran
into many threads that strongly recommended you don't do the procedure
yourself.

Morris