[DuoList] Installing OS 9.2 on pb 2400

Sid Barras sbarris at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 26 08:27:54 PST 2004

HI Group,
Anyone have any experience on installing OS 9.2 (supposedly impossible)
on pb 2400?

I bought one recently that had OS 9.2 already installed, and it seems
to run fine; in fact maybe even a bit zippier than OS 9.1. And am I
mistaken in thinking that 9.2 might have better native support for USB
type devices? (The machine is cardbus enabled, and I do use USB
printers and stuff. But I would like it to run just a bit faster, and
I've already got the 96mb RAM chip installed.

I believe that one needs a utility program to help enable the 9.2 OS to
be installed, but I am unable to find anything that looks like that on
this machine that has the 9.2 installed, so I assume it runs in the
background or goes away once the software is installed.

Would it be a worthwhile installation, or is it going to consume
unecessary precious RAM? (I do have RAM doubler installed too...)

Thanks for any info.

Greetings from CajunLand USA South Louisiana
Sid Barras