[DuoList] The worst modem ever in history. EVER.

Daniel Palka macdaniel3400c at palkasoft.com
Sat Nov 27 23:47:07 PST 2004

Boy they weren't kidding when they said the built in 14.4 modem on the
Duo 2300c was pure garbage.  Requiring the computer to handle tasks
that the modem should take care of was a bad idea.  Speedometer tests I
did showed performance in many cases cut nearly in half - just by being
connected to the internet (no other programs running)!!! Incredible!

Is there something I can replace this with?  Do those 19.9 global
village modems have the same problems?  Does anybody know where I can
still buy one (at any price)??