[DuoList] The worst modem ever in history. EVER.

Art Rice artrice66 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 09:16:22 PST 2004

See comments below-

--- Daniel Palka <macdaniel3400c at palkasoft.com> wrote:

> If anyone has ever used the speedometer benchmark
> utility, they'd tell
> you that it does more than just calculate the speed
> of the processor
> and the speed of the FPU.  It runs several tests
> that combine aspects
> of both.

> OK, I wasn't familiar with that utility-is it part
of the OS that I haven't noticed? If not,is there a
website where can I download it? It would be
interesting to test my 2300c.

> The 14.4 built into the Duo is controlled by the
> computer (through
> software)

Due to size limitations, Apple probably could not fit
an intelligent modem inside the Duo.

> Even sillier, if that PC is a desktop, i bet it and
> the 2300c would go
> for nearly the same price on eBay!

Yep, you can get a hell of a lot more for your money
buying a used PC, but it's just fun messing around
with the Duo- It's fun seeing what you can still do
with older technology, and they're so darn cute! A lot
of the older applications work just fine for my needs.
100 MHz processors are still darn fast compared to my
old Commodore VIC-20 running at probably less than 2
MHz, or even my original 4.77 MHz IBM PC! (Why didn't
I sell it 15 years ago?)