[DuoList] Speaking of modems...

Samual Acorn sam_acorn at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 09:21:36 PST 2004

I sent this message before with an image attachment
but it bounced saying it needed moderator approval
since it was bigger than 5K... and since the moderator
seems to be sitting on his/her thumbs and spinning
i'll send it again... sans image...

---

I had to 'roll my own'
the 'pc' side is a male 9pin 'D' connector
(not a PC itself) this cable is 'straight through'
it basically changes the 8pin minidin on a mac to the
same 9pin port you would see on a PC... so you can
connect the cable that came with the serial device to
it.. (no matter what it is..
modem/pda/digicam/nullmodemcable/whatever)
the numbers with dashes (like 4-8) are pins that are
connected together on the same side...

PC       MAC
2        5
3        3
5        4-8
7        1
8        2
6-4

but if you have a USB port and dont feel like
'rolling your own' you might consider one of
those usb to RS232 adapters...