[DuoList] 030/040 duos Poll

Ron Hutcherson hutcherl at mac.com
Fri Oct 8 07:48:14 PDT 2004

My Duo 280c has several roles. My old PB160 (Lamar) couldn't cut the mustard any more, so I got a 280c and transplanted the hard drive. Now, Lamar has essentially been reincarnated. He's smaller, lighter, faster, in color, and has more RAM. The 280c is great for word processing and games (now I can play Maelstrom anywhere in the house). I synchronize files between my iMac and Lamar using a Duo Dock II and an Etherwave PowerBook adapter. I use the Dock in a headless format. Just insert the Duo, wait for it to boot up, and then open up the AppleShare volume and copy files (I haven't needed a synch program, yet). When I am finished, I hit the eject button on the Dock, it shuts down Lamar and then hands it back to me. If I wanted, I could do more with it, but I really no not need anything more.