[DuoList] sync duo and Mac OS X

sir izaac sirizaac at rahul.net
Sat Oct 9 03:36:56 PDT 2004

I also have a Newton, and as far as I know, it would
sync with the Claris Organiser. Also with Claris Works?

Possibly the word processor and spreadsheet using Mac OS 9 or Classic
and Newton Operating System (NOS) 2.x

  And what kind of connection device (cable) I would have to use to
connect the Duo and a Newton?

A Mac Din-8 serial printer cable will do from the Duo's serial port to
the Newton's Interconnect port via the adapter (MessagePad 2x00 series)
or just to the serial port on the MessagePad and MessagePad 1x0 series.
If your budget allows it, Ethernet will communicate using a hub between
the Duo's ethernet port (Duo Dock or third party Etherdock) and the
MessagePad (NOS 2.x). The Newton Internet Enabler does not support
combo cards. Try a card such as the Farallon PN595 which is just
10-BaseT Ethernet. This type of connection offers faster data transfer
than a serial connection.

Also, visit the Newtontalk list http://www.newtontalk.net/

- sir izaac