[DuoList] External CD-ROM drivers or maybe something more simple...

mariner at mts.net mariner at mts.net
Fri Oct 29 07:05:09 PDT 2004

I believe the last "universal" CD driver Apple released
was version 5.1.3. I'm sure if you google around a bit
you might fiind a site to download it. I'm sorry I don't
have a copy readily available to email to you - perhaps
someone else one the list is currently using it and can
send you a copy? I don't know if there is a specific driver
for your device.

Andy

> From: andy bloom <andybloom at mac.com>
> Date: 2004/10/29 Fri AM 01:53:09 CDT
> To: "A place to discuss Apple's sub-portable
computers."
<duolist at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
> Subject: [DuoList] External CD-ROM drivers or maybe
something more simple...

> I have purchased a Panasonic LF1600 CD player to
work with my Comet. It
> has a HD50 port which connects to the Powerbook
through the HDI socket.
> I've hitched it up with the relevant cable but the CD
fails to mount on
> the Desktop despite all the right noises. I know this
fella works with
> the PB as I've seen another running it.
>
> Does anybody know where I can get a driver? Or
direct me to a
> translatable Japanese site as these were popular for
2400's there and
> my Japanese is poor? Or can I get something from
Apple to overcome the