[DuoList] 2300c's and memroy questions

Goodwin, Greg P. GoodwinG at aafes.com
Mon Apr 4 06:29:38 PDT 2005

	So over the weekend between auctions and the first Saturday
sidewalk sale I got basically more Duo parts.   Picked up a 2300 that
was not working from a auction for like $10, took some parts from
another nonworking 2300 that I got for like $9 a while back, made one
working 2300.  :)  It shows as having something like 26 meg of memory...
24 ... something like that.

	Got some 230's.. one was thrown in a auction for free, the other
I got at first Saturday with a docking station.  Interesting to see how
they were configured.

	Got to play with networking for the first time a OS 7.1 and OS
7.5.5 systems (been using 8.1 till now on the 280c)

	Tried to recondition the batteries.  Some act like they want to
work.  May have to take the batteries apart, see which cells are good
and bad, combine, maybe make a good battery amoung them all.

	Well, as you can see, I had a fun weekend with this.  :)  The
question:

	Is there a trick I am unaware of with the memory?

	Case in point, the 280c and the 2300c.  I tried out the memory
of the 2300c on the 280... and the 280 did not recognize it.  Only
showed the memory at 8 mg.  Trying to switch the 280 back left the 280
at 8 mg rather than 12 mg.
	I'm hoping all is ok.

	I'm trying to find out the min and max operating systems that
can run on the 280 and 2300, and the base memory (without memory card
installed) that the 280 and 2300 have natively?

	Well thanks in advance!

Greg Goodwin