[DuoList] Help needed for 2300c

duoman at mac.com duoman at mac.com
Wed Aug 24 09:10:09 PDT 2005

Hey 'List-

I thought I'd throw in an answer to (Terry's?) question that might be the key to the whole thing, especially now that Duos are getting so old: YES a dead clock battery on the motherboard will prevent booting, prevent the Power Manager reset, prevent ANYTHING from happening.

So, if the 30-second PM reset (holding in the button on back with AC adapter in and removeable battery out) doesn't work, I would make my next move cracking the beast open and replacing that motherboard battery.

Which, of course, is beyond the scope of this email. :)

Good luck-
David