[DuoList] Best OS for 2400?

Joseph Fisher backinblue at cox.net
Sun Dec 18 11:45:16 PST 2005

Hello,

Joe Fisher, a new 2400 user here again -

Which OS gives the 2400 the best speed & performance? (ie when does
the OS upgrade factor begin showing the limits of even a fully
upgraded machine or what OS upgrades result in the need for Houdini
style tactics to load on a 2400 etc.)

The 2400 I recently purchased has 8.1 loaded on it.

I own CDs for 8.5 & 9.2.2 (as well as OS X all vers. but I don't want
to load OS X)  I've read 9.1 is the highest OS that can be loaded.
Currently it's selling for about $19-25 on e-bay

I have plenty of "Classic" software which will do me fine - As
mentioned in prior posting - This machine will eventually get a
240MHz daughter card & the 80 MB RAM treatment. BUT I want it to
remain quick and nimble as a commuting machine for travel as well as
home/office commute.