[DuoList] Cardbus enabled? We'll see

Joseph Fisher backinblue at cox.net
Wed Dec 21 17:10:08 PST 2005

I took the approach of getting rid of the resistors on the mainboard
at locations c375 & c377 to enable cardbus for my 2400c. I used the
"snip" method. Interestingly as I began to use a pair of guitar fret
wire cutters the resistor being made of ceramic gave way before the
solder. This wasn't a problem as it left a very clean gap where the
resistor used to be - I did the same with the second resistor and
then carefully cleaned the area of any residue - Once the new RAM
arrives I'll put the patient back together and see what I've got or
what I've trashed. I took the risk as I have a second "backup"
mainboard if I inadvertently toasted this one.