[DuoList] Couple 'a questions about the 280c....

Samual Acorn sam.acorn at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 12:14:33 PST 2005

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:03:30 +0200, Nathan Templeton
<pb280c at incirlik.net> wrote:

>         Fellow listers,
>
>         A few quick questions for those of you, like me that still use a 280c
> on a daily basis.. If there are any of y'all left!
>
>         1.) Is there any better keyboards I can put in this thing? I have a
> think a rev. 3 in my main book right now a few extra's. But for the
> most part they are pretty bad.

when you find one drop me a line... (a keyclick utility would be nice)

>         2.) Has anyone sucessfully rebuilt any batteries for these? I have 4
> batts, but I'm now down too one good one.

the bat cases are glued together (dremel needed) and the cells are (i
think) sub-c
i dont use the battery for anything other than a counterweight anymore
(i wrapped it
in packing tape to prevent any leaks and to keep the contacts from
making contact)

>         3.) What os do you run? Currently I'm on 7.6.1 w/40megs ram, but was
> throwing around the idea of going to 8.1. Is that a good idea?

trimmed down 7.5.3 w/12MB RAM (so i dont have to have v-ram turned on)
dunno about 8.1.. never used it..

>         4.) Anyone have any advice for fixing a minidock with a broken power
> adapter? The adapter is still intact, I just think one of the leads are
> snapped..

dunno about docks (dont have one) but there are ppl on this board with
plenty of info...

ps.. i dont use the 280c on a daily basis anymore since ive grown not
to like macs....
(i use a pc laptop now)