[DuoList] Couple 'a questions about the 280c....

Cheyanne & Randy bayoubuddies at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 1 14:57:44 PST 2005

On Tuesday, Feb 1, 2005, at 14:14 US/Central, Samual Acorn wrote:

>>         1.) Is there any better keyboards I can put in this thing? I
>> have a
>> think a rev. 3 in my main book right now a few extra's. But for the
>> most part they are pretty bad.
>
> when you find one drop me a line... (a keyclick utility would be nice)

Hey Duoistas,

	I haven't tried it yet but am going to do it real soon.  I recently
heard of an extension that allows one to use the excellent little
newton keyboard with a mac via the serial port.  May be a good way to
put off servicing the duo keyboard or hoping to come up with the fairly
decent "f" version of the keyboard.

http://www.markus-fritze.de/newtonen/

There's also some great info on cleaning the keyboard around on this
fine site:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gionpeters/hhhh/duo.htm

Enjoy that 280c, it's my favorite duo with enough ram and 680x0 native
software , it's often faster than the 2300 with ppc native software.

good luck,

Randy

--
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired,
signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not