[DuoList] Duo Dock problem

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Thu Jan 20 10:11:48 PST 2005

At 9:53 AM -0500 1/20/05, COCCORP at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 1/19/05 6:45:45 PM Central Standard Time,
>gionpeters at comcast.net writes:
>
>>>I took the 2300c out, and it works fine by itself. But when I insert it in
>my
>>>dock, it does the startup chime, them immediately turns back off. Another
>>>press of the start button ejects it again.
>>>
>>>What gives?
>>>
>>>Craig W.
>>>Houston, TX
>>>_
>>
>>Tick of Death ?
>>
>>Mad Dog
>
>Well, I thought about that after you mentioned it, but the Tick Of Death is
>usually accompanied by the "ticking" itself, is it not? THis dock of
>mine is as
>silent as a tomb.
>
>And my previous experience w/ the ol' TOD usually manifested itself, among
>other ways, by the Duo getting stuck in the dock. While I have vivid
>memories of
>going into a dock w/ a stuck Duo in it, I do not remember ever having a duo
>ejecting itself....
>
>Perhaps when I had the duo in my dock and I noticed initially it was "off";
>perhaps it was not really off? And subsequent actions by me threw
>something off
>in the Dock's inner working?

My TOD dock had no power hence no eject.

Ejecting on startup sounds like the Duo was booted outside the dock,
slept and inserted in the dock.  In that case it ejects when you try
to start.  Why it does it on the second try, I don't know.  I don't
suppose you have a second Duo you can test it with (doesn't everyone)?
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA
Macintosh / Internet Consulting