[DuoList] Wireless options for 2400c?

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Thu Mar 3 20:39:02 PST 2005

Daniel, FWIW and the fact this is the most discussion I've seen on here
in weeks, folks have been placing all types of Type 1-3 PC cards in the
2400 for years...as others have noted.

If a PC card can be easily slid in the slot then it will do no harm.
Whether it works or not with a CardBus card depends on whether the
CardBus circuitry has been activated.

That said, I have used two different brands of PC cards for
transferring data from SmartMedia and Secure Digital memory cards to my
Mac and found they varied in spec, i.e., one was a very tight fit.
Once again, nothing to do with CardBus, but the fact that PC card
manufacturers and PC card cage manufacturers may have variances in
their various products...and if you get two at the opposite end of the
variances, things may not fit.

Cheers...