[DuoList] Wireless options for 2400c?

Scott Strungis sstrungis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 08:03:31 PST 2005

Slight update:

I tried a Lucent branded Orinoco card in the 2400c today.  It fits, it
appears on the desktop using either of the slots.  Airport's drivers
are a little finicky, so I think that I will be sticking with
Orinoco's drivers until I get the Airport issues sorted out.  I cannot
test network connectivity as I have no wireless infrastructure here at
work.

I know that the Enterasys is a rebranded Orinoco, but there's
something hinky about the card in my 2400c.  Top slot locks up, bottom
slot needs TLC with inserting to make it show up on the desktop.  It
works with Orinoco's drivers, but not Airport's--still, the "hacked"
Airport software install is finicky.  I will try more later.

On the wired end of things.  Has anyone tried this card out for wired Ethernet?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6748919965&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

It's a dongleless Farallon Modem/Ethernet card.  I downloaded the
driver, and it seems good for older PowerBooks.  I hope to get a good
report as I already Paypal-ed for it.

More later when I get home and test the Lucent card.
Thanks,
Scott