[DuoList] Oh, ONE OTHER thing....

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Sat Mar 12 07:35:26 PST 2005

(Ahem!)

Er, I don't mean to start a big FLAME WAR, but next week I am expecting a
package containing a...

.... 16-bit USB PCMCIA card!!!

I know, I know... they do not exist.... BUT an old friend of mine who has a
junkyard, er, warehouse, full of computers from the 70's & 80's claims(!) that
he has a 16-bit USB card. All I can tell you is (on the + side) he sent a pic,
and it is definitely a non-cardbus card (it has no shiny-metal part on top),
it is a USB card and it has a cord running from it that plugs into (what seems
to be) an ADB port.

But on the (-) side, my friend is kinda loopy, and his mind is kinda still in
the decades his junk computers were built in. Sometimes he He may not know
what he's talking about, and the "ADB cord" on the pic may be for some other
kind of port...

But we'll see... I will keep the list informed.

Craig W. (on a 3400c/180 wifi'd by Lucent Orinoco)
Atlanta, GA
Power corrupts. Absolute power's a blast. -- John Fund

In the game of chess you can never let your opponent see your pieces. -- Zapp
Brannigan, 25-Star General of the D.O.O.P. (Democratic Order of Planets)