[DuoList] Re: Wired Ethernet for 2400c woes! Argh!

R.Friede rlf9 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 14 08:03:56 PST 2005

On Mar 13, 2005, at 3:33 PM,
duolist-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> Message: 7
> Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:11:47 -0500
> From: Scott Strungis <sstrungis at gmail.com>
> Subject: [DuoList] Re: Wired Ethernet for 2400c woes! Argh!
>
> I actually tried a clean 8.6 install yesterday.  One of the Farallon
> extensions gave me a rectangular white rectangle and a freezeup.  Upon
> reboot, the Mac fell back to my emergency install of 7.6.1 on a
> smaller partition. Disk utility would not make the 8.6 folder workable
> again even if I took the offending extensions out.  I then reinstalled
> 9.1 and tried the Farallon install again.  No Farallon or alternate
> options were available after installation throught TCP/IP.  CSS3.0 was
> installed as a library, but enabling or disabling it seems to have no
> effect on making these cards work.
>
> I am going nuts trying to get wired Ethernet going on the 2400c.  I
> just secured a Global Village modem / Ethernet card.  It was cheap, so
> I went for it.  I don't think that drivers are included.  Anyone have
> them?  One more try, I s'pose.

This may have nothing to do with it, but I found a clear difference
between the upper slot and the lower slot when it came to making a
wireless card work. Dumb question maybe, but have you tried 'em both
for your card?

Another way to go here might be to buy an older Airport model and an
appropriate wireless card and the right software.

Bob F