[DuoList] Re: Wired Ethernet for 2400c woes! Argh!

Scott Strungis sstrungis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 11:41:23 PST 2005

Wireless is not the issue.  I was easily able to make my 2400c go
wireless with a Wavelan Orinoco card and Airport's 1.3.1 drivers.
TomeViewer extracted everything no problem and I actually get better
performance with Apple's rather than Orinoco's drivers.

I am trying to get WIRED ethernet going as it is the only option I
have at work.  Plus, it's a good thing to have going.

To answer your questions, yes I have tried both slots, neither slot
works with the Farallon card.  I have also tried three different
system software versions, 7.6.1, 8.6, and 9.1.

I have (proud of this) gotten my 2400c going wirelessly under a slim
and trim OS 7.6.1.  It's the best of both worlds....A 30 second boot
time, and wireless networking.

Scott