[DuoList] 2300c ethernet setup

Timothy Larson tim.larson at physiciansmutual.com
Wed May 18 07:24:50 PDT 2005

Goodwin, Greg P. wrote the following on 5/18/2005 9:08 AM:
> 	When it starts acting buggy for me like that I do one of two
> things...
>
> 	1) Run Disc First Aid... file structure might need repair.
> 	2) Reinstall the OS.
>
> 	On my DSL network I'm running the TCP/IP on Ethernet/DHCP or
> automatic.

Thanks for the tips!  I hope it doesn't come to reinstalling the OS, but
as long as I don't have to completely wipe the drive I guess it's not so
bad.

> 	BTW, currently running 9.1 on my 2300c for iTunes.  My
> experience in all this was 8.6 was perhaps the best.  If I could have
> gotten the iTunes patch to work I would have stayed there.  Something to
> think about.

I've got this one maxxed out at 56MB (a 2GB drive, too) and even 7.6.1
feels a bit sluggish.  I think I'd pull my hair out trying to run 8.6 or
9.1 on it.

Tim

--
Tim Larson                                        Senior Web Developer
Physicians' Mutual Insurance Company                      www.pmic.com

This message and any attachments are confidential, may contain privileged information, and are intended solely for the recipient named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivery to the named recipient, you are notified that any review, distribution, dissemination or copying is prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, you should notify the sender by return email and delete the message from your computer system.