[DuoList] 2300c ethernet setup

Timothy Larson tim.larson at physiciansmutual.com
Thu May 19 13:10:59 PDT 2005

Dan Palka wrote the following on 5/19/2005 3:02 PM:
> It's funny because I'm the one that has a lot of older "slow" machines.
> They still feel fast enough to me...
>
> I just don't put OS 9 on them.
>
> My daily is an 8100 upgraded to 217mhz G3.  I use Photoshop, Dreamweaver,
> Flash, and all this fun stuff on it.  It runs 7.6.1.  None of my PeeCee
> friends would guess how old it really is.

Heh.  I've upgraded (i.e. bought replacements for) my main machine
twice.  Neither time was it prompted by slowness of the machine for the
tasks I was doing.  Both times it was because the OS was no longer
supported by the apps I wanted, or peripherals I wanted had moved to a
different interface standard, or both.

Tim
--
Tim Larson                                        Senior Web Developer
Physicians' Mutual Insurance Company                      www.pmic.com

This message and any attachments are confidential, may contain privileged information, and are intended solely for the recipient named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivery to the named recipient, you are notified that any review, distribution, dissemination or copying is prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, you should notify the sender by return email and delete the message from your computer system.