[DuoList] Internal SCSI on Duos

Grizzlygiant grizzlygiant1 at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 20 23:15:46 PDT 2005

on 5/20/05 11:37 AM, Goodwin, Greg P. at GoodwinG at aafes.com wrote:

> What is the standard of SCSI connector called that they use on the
> internal SCSI drives on Duo's?
>
> Apparently the SCSI drives used were standard laptop drives, but
> what is the pinout of that little SCSI drive called?
>

> I am trying to find adaptors to convert the laptop SCSI to the
> DB25M pin SCSI.   Or even a cable where I could take the laptop SCSI to
> hook up in a Mac classic desktop (and that usual SCSI connector.)
>
> There are a variety of SCSI connectors out there, I would love to
> know what they are called, or if possible, even a resource on where to
> get my SCSI terminology straight.  :D
>
> Thanks!

> http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmacguy1984

You might be looking for a 2.5" to 3.5" SCSI adapter.  I found them for $15
on eBay about 2 years ago using "2.5 inch to 3.5 inch SCSI" or "2.5 inch
SCSI"  for search terms.

You might also want to check out the 500 MB and 1 GB RAM (yes, RAM) SCSI
notebook drives with a Google search on the net.

The notebook SCSI standard (40 pin) was something that Apple and IBM both
used.  Don't know about others.  All SCSI PowerBooks seem to have used them.

Sincerely yours, Grizzlygiant