[DuoList] 280c + Dock for sale

Gene Osburn mac4gman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 11:36:54 PST 2005

Fellow listers will get first refusal on my complete 280c setup, before
it goes on the local Craigslist and/or ebay.  I want to sell it as a
package, and I don't want to give it away for peanuts.  Some details:

280c has been overclocked to 37.5 MHz and has a 320 MB hard drive with
OS 7.6.1 installed, RAM Doubler 8 and a host of PowerBook Utilities,
etc.  RAM is maxed at 40 MB.  Internal Duo modem has been replaced by
ADB port, so you can use external keyboard/mouse without a dock.  (All
FrankenDuo mods courtesy of Mad Dog, fellow lister Tom P.)  Working
Type 3 NiMH battery and Duo AC adapter included; battery runtime isn't
exceptional, but OK.

The DuoDock has the color lid and a DuoDock Plus motherboard in it;
adds a 33 MHz 68882 FPU, 1 MB VRAM, and built-in AAUI ethernet to the
stock configuration of the original Dock.  The addition of the FPU
makes the docked 280c quite zippy.  The 1 MB VRAM allows you to run an
external monitor at 832x624 @ thousands of colors, or 1024x768 @ 256
colors.  And of course the ethernet lets you network the Dock to your
other Macs for file sharing, etc.

Package would be shipped UPS Ground insured.
$100 to Eastern time zone;
$90 to Central time zone;
$80 in Mountain or Pacific time zone.

Pax y'all,
Gene Osburn
Never swallow anything larger than your pride