[DuoList] 280c boing sound

Brandy brandybndr at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 4 18:08:19 PST 2005

Lela

Have you thought of perhaps leaving it plugged in, but off for 48 hours. Have a few drinks and take a load off . Then try to boot it up, do a little shake of the book, "bang on it a bit shake it" you may just have a loose connection.  Could help can't hurt, and nothing ventured nothing gained. Oh yes one must also Pray for Devine intervention if the files are truly important.

I suppose you have no external HD, ZIP, SyQuest that is bootable, something you could use to try and repair the system that's got a true system on it?  Or a backup of the system?  I used to backup my 280c to a SyQuest drive that was bootable as a "Just in case the damn thing died backup".

Brandy