[DuoList] "Blessing" a system folder? (was Re: 2400 (Gene Osburn))

Gary F. Daught gfdaught at charter.net
Fri Nov 25 16:57:05 PST 2005

Ken,

Thanks for your reply. I've heard this terminology before, but I'm
not sure how you go about "blessing" a System Folder. Could you
explain? Is this different from Gene's recommendation to re-choose
the CF boot-drive as the start-up disk?

Thanks,

Gary

 >Ken,
 >
 >Greetings. So if I boot my 2400 from, say, an OS CD, then I can just
 >copy the existing hard drive contents to the CF card?
 >
 >Thanks,
 >
 >Gary

Yes you can safely copy your system folder to the Flash drove this way.

Make sure that the system folder is blessed before you try to boot
from the card of course!!