[DuoList] "Blessing" a system folder? (was Re: 2400 (Gene Osburn))

Harbourmaster san2c at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 26 11:45:47 PST 2005

>Ken,
>
>Thanks for your reply. I've heard this terminology before, but I'm
>not sure how you go about "blessing" a System Folder. Could you
>explain? Is this different from Gene's recommendation to re-choose
>the CF boot-drive as the start-up disk?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Gary

If you see the Happy Mac face on the system folder then it's already
"blessed" and you don't need to do anything else.

If not, then you need to open the system folder, drag the "finder" or
the "system" out onto the desktop and then back into the folder. The
System Folder should now have the "Happy Mac" face on it and your
system is now bootable and should be selectable as so in the Startup
Disk control panel.

--

Aloha, Ken