[DuoList] revisiting a wireless Duo 2300

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Wed Oct 5 16:25:04 PDT 2005

OK, I've got it, here's how to make a wireless Duo 2300. First, use an
internally mounted Asante Micro SCSI/enet adapter to provide the ethernet
port, then attach that to an internally mounted D-Link DWL-G739AP Pocket
Router/AccessPoint <http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=346> (PCB dim.
73mm long x 50mm wide x 8mm thick), in client mode! Finally, there's a
wifi client device small enough to fit inside a Duo!!

I've still got to see if the AP will fit into the modem-space. I've
already determined the enet adapter will fit above a slim (ATA) HD. I
wonder how much 5v juice this concoction will suck . . .

Heck, if nothing else, this AP is so tiny it could hang on the outside,
though that's not as elegant as a integral solution.

dan k

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700
hotline://dankephoto.dhs.org:9500