[DuoList] FS: PowerBook 2400c/G3 + Accessories

Christopher Cate mrprez at cox.net
Mon Feb 20 13:44:20 PST 2006

Hey listers!
I need to get this collection of stuff out of my house - check it out!
I want to sell all of it as one set

Systems:
1. PowerBook 2400c/G3
   -Upgraded to NUpowr G3 @ 240 MHz, 1 MB cache
   -112 MB RAM
   -Mac OS 9.2.2
   -4 GB hard drive
   --Brand new AC adapter from MCE Technologies (about 4 months old)
2. PowerBook 2400c/180MHz
   -Not in good condition - I've taken it apart a couple of times and
its missing        screws
   -Gives GLOD
   -Can't get it to power up - better as a parts machine I suppose

Accessories:
-Kensington Wetsuit slim case
-Lucent WaveLAN Bronze Turbo WiFi PC Card - have not been able to get
this to work with my network
-3Com Megahertz 56K Modem PC Card - I don't have dial-up so I haven't
tested this, but the PowerBook does recognize the card
-Farallon EtherMac Ethernet PC Card - connects to network
-Asante FriendlyNet 10BaseT Ethernet PC Card - causes system crashes
-3Com Megahertz PC Card LAN Cable - connects PC Card to ethernet cable
(and also  Coaxial)
-2400c floppy drive - can't get it to work
-2 floppy drive cables
-3 batteries - each one holds around 40 minutes (I believe)
- 64 MB RAM chip
-TAXAN 8X SCSI CD-ROM drive - I have been unable to set it up/test it
because I can't get the drive to read floppies

Software (NOTE: I have not been able to test this software as I cannot
get the floppy drive to work):
-PowerBook 2400c disk - can't read other writing on it because it's in
Japanese
-FWB Software CD-ROM Toolkit Version 3.0 "p" Install Disk
-FWB Software Hard Disk Toolkit Version 2.0.5 Crisis Tool Disk
-NUpower G3 v1.0.2 Disk
-Newer Technology SCSI Probe Version 3.5 NT Disk
-PowerLogix G3 Software Disk - this is a copy, I don't have the original
-FWB Software Hard Disk Toolkit Version 2.0.5 Install Disks #1 and  #2
-FWB Software TAXAN Portable CD-ROM Player ICD-800PM ToolKit Disk
-FWB Hard Disk ToolKit Version 2.0.5 Crisis Disk
-Global Village GlobalFax Software for Macintosh Version 2.5.7-J2 for
PowerPort PC Cards Japan Disks #1 and #2
-TAXAN CD-ROM ICD-800PM Setup Disk  (Supposed to be a backup of the
ToolKit Disk mentioned earlier - haven't been able to test it however)

Notes:
-Screen flickers when AC unplugged/plugged in
-Does not load floppies. I do not know if it is an issue with the port
itself or the floppy drive because I do not have
an extra floppy drive to test  it
-track-pad button does not work - tapping is enabled however, and I can
open  applications and documents well without it
-System #1 sometimes (rarely) has startup issues - resetting the PRAM
solves it for me

-I could see someone using an external SCSI floppy drive to install
software, though I haven't tested this option

-I am the second owner - the first was a student from Austria from whom
I had everything here imported

I AM SELLING THE SYSTEMS/SOFTWARE/ACCESSORIES AS A SET AS IS

Price: $250 + shipping within US only (I am willing to negotiate the
price a little bit - no low ball offers please)