[DuoList] Dead 2400

Kyleen kyleen at fusiongraphics.org
Thu Oct 5 14:07:53 PDT 2006

Hi I'm new to the list too!

I am a long time 2400c user even though mine has sat dead for at least the
last two and a half years.

So I went and bought a new PRAM battery for it. Yesterday I had it apart in
several pieces on my dining room table. It STILL wouldn't boot. It was just
giving me the solid green light. AND when I took the battery out and left it
plugged in, the green light STILL stayed on.

I had it apart five times yesterday. No luck. I figured the thing was just
dead.

Not wanting to drain the PRAM battery I did leave it plugged in overnight
with the battery out.

Today when I went to pick it up and put it away, I think, "I'll give it one
more shot..."

And it booted! I couldn't believe it!

The moral is, no matter what, it MAY not be dead. It may just take futzing
with.

So my recommendation is that you do a search on 'Green light of death' if
that's what the issue is. If it's not, then your problem may be a lot more
serious. I wish you luck! And don't give up on it!

- Kyleen